How to transfer my domain away from web.com?
Initiating the transfer of your domain name from web.com to yourself:
- Before initializing your transfer, confirm that your contact information is up to date.
- This should be done when there are more than 15 days until the domain name’s expiration.
- More than 60 days should have passed since the original registration day of your domain name.
- Confirm that the domain name has an extension that you are able to register under your new registrar.
The next thing step is to contact web.com for the domain transfer.
- Ask to cancel your hosting
- Request control of your domain name
You should receive a domain release form within 24 hours of your request.
Note: This domain release form costs $99 per domain.
In addition to the release form you might also be asked to send a fax on a business letterhead to Web.com’s customer support to complete the requested release of your domain name.
Unlocking your Domain Name and Obtaining the Authorization Code
All domains registered with web.com default to Registrar Lock. This prevents unauthorized transfer of your domain, or hijacking. You will need to have this lock removed before you can transfer your domain. An authorization code will be given to you (also known as an EPP code or transfer key) so that you could transfer your domain.
You will have to contact Register.com support to request that they unlock your domain and provide you with the domain name’s authorization code.
Order a Domain Name Transfer-
These steps vary depending on your registrar’s Cpanel, please contact your domain provider for domain transfer instructions.
- Log into your new CPanel/registar.
- Go to the Domains Tab.
- Click the Transfers tab and enter your domain.
- Afterwards you will be asked to enter your domain Authorization Key.
- This will finalize the transfer process.