Domain Renewal Fees
Who is responsible for your domain renewal fees?
Q: I just got this bill from (domain registrar name) do I have to pay this?
A: If you own your own domain, the answer is yes.
If you'd like to keep your domain upon sign up, please note that you will be responsible for domain renewal fees.
- When signing on with our services we give people the option to get a new domain or to continue using a domain they already own.
- When we purchase a new domain on a clients behalf, we own that domain and are responsible for billing and renewal.
- However, if our service is canceled, the domain we have on the clients behalf, must be purchased from us in order to transfer over ownership.
Client Owned Domains
- Clients that have their own domain already, have ownership of their domain and must keep track of the domain renewal fees owed to their registrar.
- We have no records of individual client domain registrar, account information, nor renewal dates.
- If the domain is not renewed, the website will be forwarded to where the domain registrar points it.
- In most cases, that means that if the domain renewal fee is left unpaid, the domain will be forwarded to the registrar's parking page.